Saturday, May 29, 2004

Knowing Love

I had known her for a long time before I had the courage to even ask her out. We happened to be on a trip with three other friends. We were all at Pike Street Market in Seattle. For out-of-towners who rarely have the opportunity to visit Seattle, it was a beautiful and exciting place to be. She had wanted to buy some flowers for the other friends that we were visiting in Seattle, while our other friends from Portland went off on their own, perhaps to look for music CD's.

I remember watching her bend over some purple irises to smell them. I stood about four feet away from her, so I had an entire picture. The flowers had been spritzed with water from an automatic watering system immediately before we arrived, and the cool mist still hung in the air. Everything about that moment enchanted me about her. Her thoughtfulness in buying flowers for our friends, the cool mist that hung in the air that felt like the breath of the flowers themselves, their subtle fragrance, the sound of the crowd and the ocean nearby glinting with light. Not to mention how gorgeous she appeared, especially at that moment. Her oval face, long brown, curly hair, delicate rosy hands, and her long skirt captivated me. Rarely do I have quick moments where I instantly know something, that I decide to take a course of action. Mostly, decisions and understandings grow with a warming intensity that I ignore until it burns and I can no longer stand it anymore. But that exact moment with the flowers is when I fell in love with her. I knew then that I had to convince her that I was the perfect guy for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home