Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Some Good Stuff

Okay, after some bad stuff, there has been some good stuff during the last couple of days. She admitted to me that when we were apart she decided that she was going to break up with me after the summer was over and after she had fulfilled her own obligations to a job that she has here in town. I had reached the same conclusion in my own way. Most of the advice here has been that I should run, not walk, in the other direction and never look back. For all intents and purposes, our relationship was over.

However, I have to say that, while I felt a little relieved when she was gone, I feel that things are going pretty good since she has been back. We are taking it one day at a time, and consequently, things feel less stressful. Perhaps the change in perspective, the break from each other, was something that we needed to get back on track. The counseling session that we had this week has also helped. The counselor has suggested, aside from the fact that we both seem to be working pretty hard to keep things together, that she has been giving me a lot of authority for control of her feelings. Rather than ask herself what she can do to make the relationship better, she looks to me to fix things, and when I don't or can't, she gets irritated at me and correspondingly becomes depressed or upset. Therefore, even though she might have legitimate reasons to be mad at me in certain areas, for now, the counselor suggests that she should focus on herself for this week and see what happens.

Now, we have a trip out east for the next couple of days. Something we have planned for awhile and have already pre-arranged. Although I should be focusing on work, I think that this trip should be okay for both of us. I'm looking forward to traveling over the mountains and being in the desert. Perhaps the change of scenery will re-energize me and make the work I need to do go more quickly. We'll see what happens. I should be back on Saturday, and will try to post a couple of days after that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is nice when the eye of the storm passes over. We're hoping that you will "get out of Dodge," as they say. If it is like this before you are married just think of the doosy of a time you'll have when you are married.

Still trying to figure out what the point of allowing oneself to be abused is all about...

Things are as they are. People are as they are. Can't change them.

June 30, 2004 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home